[TechAssist] Re: Sony KV20S11

  • From: "DAMON BRUNGER" <damoneb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 06:33:33 -0500

So the autoprogram mode just totally misses 27 to 77, the clock pulses take
a dump at that time too.
Can you get any channel in the 27-77 zone by using the keyboard??
If I saw the clock pulses change like that, my FIRST assumption would be the
tuner.
But you've replaced that....
My next assumption would be the Micro, since it generates the clock
pulses....
But the third assumption would be the EEprom, since it tells the Micro to go
thru those channels
So now the key is....do you see 27-77 displayed during autoprogramming? And
the clock "takes a dump" at that time?
I think I'd disconnect the clock from the tuner if it does, and observe
it....see if it gets "pulled down"
If it does while it's disconnected, and it DOES run thru those channel
numbers.....I'd bet the lunch (not the house) on the MICRO.
But if you want to just get it done, replace both.
Now remember, if it jumps immediately from 27 to 78 I'd replace the EEprom.
That would be my plan of action.

Damon B
Telrad Electronics
Fort Wayne IN