[TechAssist] Re: Sony KV20FS100 BA6 chassis IC600 failurecountermeasure, FET failures

  • From: Kevin <kevintv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 14:14:19 -0800

How old is this set?

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV & Video Repair
Penticton BC Canada
kevintv@xxxxxxx

-----Original Message-----
From: techassist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:techassist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Leonard G.
Caillouet
Sent: Monday, February 16, 2004 1:49 PM
To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TechAssist] Sony KV20FS100 BA6 chassis IC600 failure
countermeasure, FET failures

Anyone run into this yet?  There is a mod for arcing that takes out
IC600
that refers to VDR601.  The location is there but no part.  There is no
part
listing for VDR601, ony VDR600, which is present.  Anyone know what is
up
here?

Also, I have a unit that has the 2 FETs Q600, Q601 shorted and R601
open.
Anyone fix any of these power supplies yet?  This is the first one that
have seen fail.  Any caveats or pitfalls in fixing these?  Does IC600
usually fail with the FETs.  My guess is it probably would have been the
source of the failure.

Leonard G. Caillouet
Electronics World
Gainesville, FL