[TechAssist] Re: Sony KV20EXR20 IC651 runs too hot

  • From: "Shoreline Electronics" <jstielau@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 10:14:17 -0500

Don,

 It is normal for these to run searing hot ! Your shutdown problem may be
else where.  As long as the B+ is stable from the STR circuit , it should be
OK.

 Double check the main board for poor connections on all the heatsinked
devices & TO220 type cases.

 Check electrolytics around the hybrid shutdown IC ( The stand up greenish
IC near the H-sweep circuit)

Jeff Stielau
Shoreline Electronics Repair
125 Beech Tree Lane