[TechAssist] Re: Sony KV-1998R

  • From: "Damon" <DAMON101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 19:52:04 -0500

In regards to BOTH sets, there is  normally a current limiting resistor on
the AC line before the bridge rectifier that may have changed value. On some
of the older Sonys with series regulators, they had a 100 or 150 ohm 10-20
watt resistor that was in parallel with the regulator. The resistor provided
70 to 80% of the actual regulated power while the regulator provided the
rest of the required current to maintain a steady voltage. Both resistors
are pretty large 10-20 watt resistors.

Damon Brunger
damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Telrad Electronic Services