[TechAssist] Sony KP53XBR35 (need schematics of horizontal deflection and pincushion circuits)

  • From: "Gemini Computer & TV" <geminitv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Techassist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 18:29:16 -0400

Can anyone supply me with schematics of horizontal deflection and pincushion
circuits for this Sony KP53XBR35? I do not have the paper manual but I did
download the PDF version from the Sony website which was nice but they
forgot to include the schematics in it. This set has a rather strange
complaint, it has a black space of about a little more than an inch on the
sides and pincushion on the top and the bottom. I do mostly Sony and I have
not seen this before. It is NOT a convergence (the convergence is completely
responsive in every aspect)or service menu parameters issue. The area around
Q508 is heated and discolored. I suspect at least Q508, and maybe Q510,
C512, and R513 may be involved in the problem. The customer states it
started with only the left side and they have had this problem for over a
year and had Circuit City technicians out twice back then but they didn't
have a clue as to what was causing it. The customer has lived with it like
this until receiving a word of mouth referral about me so they called. The
unit is still at the customer's home and I want to try to fix it there. So
if anyone has either the schematics or has some suggestions, I would greatly
appreciate it!

Bob Waterman, CET® #RI-28
Master Technician License #9109
Service Manager / Parts Manager