[TechAssist] Re: Sony KP-53V80, pinkish picture, FIXED

  • From: Kevin <kevintv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 11:06:12 -0800

The green tube was low, (0.2 on my B&K 467).  The other 2 were 1.2 and
1.4, so I rejuvenated the green and it came up to 1.6 on the first try.
Picture looks good except for some flaring that can be controlled by
turning the picture control down.  Hopefully it will last for the
customer.  I would like to know why the IK blanking did not kick in with
this weak tube.  Thanks for all the replies.

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV & Video Repair
Penticton BC Canada
kevintv@xxxxxxx