[TechAssist] Sony KP53S25 IK problem???

  • From: "Larry E" <videotech@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 10:57:54 -0400

Hi Guys,  Sony KP53S25, chassis # unknown, turn on set, audio works, tube
filaments
light up, no video for 10-12 minutes, constant blink code. Once video comes on
it will
stay on all day unless you change the channel ( or shut off the set)then the
process
repeats itself, set worked on by another tech before we went out, he has
already turned up
screen controls, green is at max, almost no green in picture, I don`t have the
prints for this set,
sounds like the green tube is shot so no IK pulse back to the chip??? Never
seen the problem
with the IK circuit activated by changing the channels, customer is looking for
a "bandaid fix"
needs 1-2 months to save up the money for a new set,  If no IK pulse why does
the set run
after a 10 minute warm up time? Anybody seen this before? Thanks in advance,
Larry E

Larry Eastman
American TV & Electronics
Crystal River, Fl. 34428