[TechAssist] Re: Sony KP53HS10 CRT Problem?

  • From: "Shoreline Electronics" <jstielau@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 17:54:53 -0500

I didn't note the part number on the focus/screen pack when I was at the
customers house as I am getting your email after the fact.....

I did however do this to get the set working.

1) I turned the Green Screen to minimum.  Set now had a nice red & blue
image!

2) Played around with the Green screen pot some more....could only make it
start with the green retrace....no real in-between setting for a useable
image.

3) Backed the Red & the Blue pots down  to their minimum settings.

4) Brought the Green back up....green came up good!

5) Brought the Red & Blue back up .  Nice picture now!

Either the Screen/Focus pack's internal tolerances drifted enough to cause
this OR we have a defective focus pack OR......????

The screen controls are very touchy on all of Sony projos.....no?  Could be
that they were not tweaked optimally at the factory & let go after a good
break-in period ( 1 1/2 years)?

Jeff Stielau
Shoreline Electronics Repair
125 Beech Tree Lane
Westbrook, CT 06498
860-399-1861
860-664-3535 (fax)
jstielau@xxxxxxxx

"If you push something hard enough it will fall over."
Fudd's First Law of Opposition - Sir Sidney Fudd