[TechAssist] Re: Sony KP-51WS510 "8 blinks"

  • From: "tvservice" <tvservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 16:24:21 -0600

I looked at a KP51WS500 today, comes on with green raster and retrace then
shutsdown, typical defective crt's I'm going to replace all 3 crt's (Circuit
City service policy)
but it had "8" flashes on standby light not the usual "5".
when tapped on crt's and cleared short picture and audio were good.

Have you looked at the possibility of a shorted CRT?
Maybe what's causing your "8" flashes

Robert
tvservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
H & H Electronics Inc