[TechAssist] Re: Sony KP-41T65, general convergance question.

  • From: <damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 06:58:25 -0500

Oh.....so while you're adjusting lets say... a hook on the right side and
you're getting it closer....suddenly Boink!! It pops to an extreme bent.....

Yeah you are maxxed out if that's happening......

But the good new is this.......the <7 enter> does turn off the convergence
so you can center the crt with the magnet rings.....it will show up as INI
on the display
BUT DO NOT Press <MUTE Enter> unless you are looking for 5-7 hours of
work....

Now another trick is to overextend  the points that cause foldover.....in
other words if pushing the line right causes foldover, pull the line left,
then push any other lines to the left of that point -RIGHT.

What you're trying to do here is to get the bending problems out by
recentering the digital values, and shifting the one or two points around
the bad point to compensate......because they 're obviously over/under
value....

But you know what I think???  I think you installed that crt without really
aligning the centering magnets....and if you use those to
overextend/underextend/compensate I think it'll work the problem out the
fastest.

I haven't used this myself, but if the FDIS function is set to 1, then all
points highlighted will give you an x , y value, if it exceeds 600 (I think)
then you go into Boink!-Foldover.
Let me know if this information is helpful and if 600 is the max........I
think most values will be in the 400 range.

Of course.....if this does not use the FLASH FOCUS, then the TV will be much
easier to align if you decide to <7 enter Mute enter> which is the last
thing I would ever try.....but it did resolve one doing what your's is
doing. I just hate spending so much time with the Flash Focus align....but
if you mark the thin point where the edges of the flash boxes meet with tape
it'll really save time.....I tape , then pull out my marker to mark it.

Ok I could blab for hours on this subject, I have all sorts of ways to make
it easier......but you have the essential tools now........note that each
paragraph has 1 tip.
I suggest you edit this and maybe select the paragraphs to try 1st and move
them to the top. I'd probably convert to HTML so you can hi light with bold
and use red for warning, then just print it out.......

Damon Brunger
Telrad Electronics
Fort Wayne IN