[TechAssist] Sony KP 46XBR25

  • From: "Dale Brewer" <dale.brewer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 21:20:55 -0500

Sony KP 46XBR25,
Ok, I had a chance to do some checking on this set first it does not shut
off after running a while it will stay on until turned off then it will take
about 15 minuets for it to come on after turn on.  It does have sound after
turned on but it does not have high voltage till then I checked it with a
Probe. I followed AC into the set to a board that I thought was a power
supply but It seams to be ok I pulled it out and tested some of it with a
meter I could not get to any of it without pulling it out but did not find
any STK's.  Without a Sam's I am not sure what board I am checking I assumed
that if it were a power supply I would find a regulator of some kind but did
not. I am not familiar with Projection TV's but told my friend I would at
least try. I have worked on a few enough to know how to check for bad yolk's
and a few other thing but never worked on them repeatedly.

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks

Dale
dale.brewer@xxxxxxxxxxx