[TechAssist] Sony IHVT failures question

  • From: "Terry J Hutchison" <sony1@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 22:43:13 -0500

Any one else out there seeing a higher than usual failure rate on Sony IHVT's?
I just repaired a 32" 2002 flat screen Sony this morning at my shop and it was
the IHVT, don't have the model number with me.  That is the second one I have
done this month on the new Flat screens, and I know I did at least 3 in Nov and
Dec of 2004.  I believe that is more IHVT failures on Sonys than I did in the
past 4 years on the older bubble tubes  Just a thought after reading the post
on the Sony Fix posted today.  Thanks.  Terry

Terry J Hutchison
T&G Television Repair
Kingsland, Ga.
sony1@xxxxxxxx