[TechAssist] Re: Sony DVP-S570D : ROM Question

  • From: "Leonard G. Caillouet" <lcaillo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 10:12:49 -0500

From standby, activate the diagnostic mode by pressing Title, Clear, Power
in that order.  Follow the menus to the ROM ID.

It could be that it is having problems with dual layer discs.  The auto
alignment is pretty simple, just follow the on screen instructions.

On Blockbuster discs, you need to examine the disc with a problem.  They use
disc protectors that are often installed with some of the plastic (and
adhesive) overlapping the hole.  This usually causes the discs to hang up on
the spindle and jam, but can sometimes jsut cause it to not seat on the
spindle correctly.

Other rental dealers are using these protectors as well.  I recommend
getting the offending discs with the unit to check them.

Leonard G. Caillouet
Electronics World
Gainesville, FL
352-332-5608