[TechAssist] Re: Sony DVP-S560D DVD alignment???

  • From: "D PANDAY" <dpanday@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 14:08:43 -0400

This is a common fault on this unit.
The focus coil burn and blow the fuse link.
For alignment, just access auto setup test mode and it
will ask you for various disc. e.g single layer dvd etc.
It take about few minute and you are all set to go.
To access the TEST MODE MENU: Press TITLE,CLEAR,Power buttons on the
remote commander in this order with power of main unit in
OFF status, and the Test Mode starts.
GOOD LUCK.
Panday

>From: "19th Street Audio" <audio19@xxxxxxxx>
>To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [TechAssist] Sony DVP-S560D DVD alignment???
>Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 13:14:30 -0400
>

>Hello,
>I have replaced the pickup and the two resistors (R416 and R418), changed
>the fuse links on one of these dog DVD players, and the unit is reading the
>disc unreliably. When it does read the disc, it will play OK.
>I thought I had read something about an alignment using the customer's
>remote on one of these a while back. Unfortunately I didn't save it. Any
>ideas? I am working with no manual.
>
>Marty Mertz
>19th Street Audio
>532 North 19th Street
>Allentown, Pa. 18104
>audio19@xxxxxxxx
>610-434-8833
>high quality repairs since 1968

>To REMOVE your email address, click here:
>   http://www.tech-assist.org/unsubb.html
>To CHANGE your email address, click here:
>***NEW*** Tips Added Instantly!!!***
>Submit Repair Tips here:
>http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/

Panday

Get faster connections -- switch to MSN Internet Access!