[TechAssist] Re: Sony DVD/VCR combo SLV-550P

  • From: "Christopher Barnak" <cbarnak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 07:46:29 -0500

The Tritronics site is showing ONLY items that have been purchased
previously
by someone. You can ofter get Tritronics to Research it for you. They
seem
to be very helpful.
Chris Barnak
Norfolk Public Schools

>>> peggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 11/30/05 7:37 PM >>>
DVD's Spindle Motor Spins at turn-on.
Customer said DVD got stuck,he removed it,now Motor Spins
Constantly,and
the Tray will not open.
I found a swelled and nearly vented cap on the DVD's PCB.
PPE14 a 100uF/10v cap(I put in a 50v cap).
Still the same symptom.

I have no Service manual,nor is Tritronics any help on parts.
I was expecting to have to purchase the entire DVD PCB,but it is not
shown
as a replacement part.
There are app. a Dozen parts listed on Tritronics,but none are on the
DVD PCB.
BTW,there is a 4 Pin Regulator near that bad cap,KIA78R33AP1,Location
number is PPIC1.

Any manual/parts list/tips on this unit ???

Peggs
Peggs' Electronics
1519 West 2nd Street
Owensboro,KY 42301
270-926-4968
fax 270-686-7399
peggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

This Email List is accessible to the general public through search
Set Vacation
Lost Password: http://www.tech-assist.org  and select "Login
Problems?".