[TechAssist] Re: Sony CD, CDP-C515 driving me nuts!

  • From: Al Berntsen <busibees@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 03:45:45 GMT

Don, Also chk. the spindle disk holder height on the spindle motor. The disk
must be the proper distance from the optical lens.  (If you didn't change the
motor as part of the opt. ass'y.) I've seen the plastic crack and then the disk
holder slips down the spindle shaft causing the optical gap to get too close
for the focus range.
The constant clamping of the disk can also cause the height to change. Watch
the lens movement during the focus cycle, see if it is going under and over a
full range during the seek & lock phase.
Also suspect the spindle motor itself, for worn armature fingers. This can
cause a weak motor movement. It will struggle with proper speed control.
HTH
Al
Al Berntsen
La Mesa TV Supply Co.