[TechAssist] Re: Sony CCD-TRV43

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 13:21:22 -0500

The C:31:23 means supply reel error. So the micro thinks that the supply
reel is not turning when it is supposed to. If it has a problem ejecting
without a cassette I would guess the problem is really a missing capstan FG.
If it only does these things with a cassette, and it has a B-Mech chassis, I
would guess that the traces from the supply reel sensor in the flex pcb on
the slider chassis are broken just under where they get hit by the basket
latch hook. Usually you can see the crease or dent in the flex pcb with a
magnifying glass.
If that is the problem, the only fix is to replace the LS Chassis as Sony no
longer sells the flex pcb alone. The chassis costs about $80 but MCM has
them for less.  Strictly speaking, when replacing the chassis you have to
adjust the back tension and the guidepost heights. I have some shortcuts. I
usually buy several at a time to spread the shipping costs.  Just used my
last one and each time I tell myself I am not going to stock those anymore
because more and more customers decline that repair.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave
Greenville SC 29609