[TechAssist] Re: Sony Beta SL-25-distorted p/b video, intermittent

  • From: Jack <lightwizard_2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 21:21:26 -0800 (PST)

If you take your scope and place one probe on your
test point on the video head amp and trigger it with
vertical, you will not see video at all, but rf. You
will see 2 envelopes next to each other on the scope
screen. Adjust the tape path so they are both about
the same amplitude and as even as possible. This
should be done after an upper cylinder is replaced.
Only takes a couple of minutes if you practice it for
a while. It makes for a good repair and will make you
a better tech.  *S*