[TechAssist] Sony 60" rear project. DLP. KDF60XS955 two vert. inference lines at left

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 15:35:29 -0500

My tech friend went out on a new Sony 60" DLP rear projection set today.
Complaint was on the left side of the picture there is two dark vertical
lines thru the picture, about 2" apart.  He described it as similar to
the "snivits" in old TVs.Visable on all inputs. Note: With his signal
generator these lines change appearance depending on the type of pattern
used. He was instructed my mfgr to replace the light engine. This did
not fix it.  Anyone have such a problem?
He says he suspects it is in the "conversion board" as he called it.
Just guessing.
Phil Bader

--

Philip Bader