[TechAssist] Re: Sony 35"tv Model KV-35S45\repeat failure of reg & hot.

  • From: "Gemini Computer & TV" <geminitv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 18:32:46 -0400

Just for the record Mando, you did not indicate if you used generics or Sony
originals. Some generics are okay if you know they are from a good source (I
recommend B&D Enterprises for one). Anytime when servicing these (and
especially so with a HOT shorted) always resolder the horizontal driver
transformer and replace the small electrolytic in the base of the horizontal
driver transistor. For this model that is C502 (0.47mfd/50v). After doing
this, if the HOT still shorts I would suspect the flyback (which I think is
NLA for this model).

Bob Waterman, CET® #RI-28
Master Technician License #9109
Service Manager / Parts Manager