[TechAssist] Re: Sony 27tx40 has rainbows of color in each corner

  • From: "Jeff Dougherty" <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 01:05:40 -0400

Dave,
This is a degaussing problem.
Try turning the set off and back on a few times, pausing about 30 seconds in
between.
If this doesn't cure it, you may need to use a large degausser. I'm not sure
what they cost. I got one during my schooling, included in the cost, years
ago.
I just had to use it a on an old Fisher and cleared it right up.
Jeff

FAX 1-413-280-0677
Jeff Dougherty
Intrepid Video & Electronics
501 Luther Rd
Harrisburg, PA 17111
717-909-8844
VCR tips, electronics info & general interest.
www.intrepid-video.com www.tech-repair.net www.thetoolcaddy.com