[TechAssist] Sherwood -S2660 CP Stereo Amp. Help?. Blown (both) speaker fuses. Replaced, now loud hum?

  • From: "Robinson Electronics" <RobinsonElectronics@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 15:41:16 -0500

Can any of you stereo Techs. help me with this receiver?
Never worked on Sherwood amps.
Both of the speaker fuses were blown, replaced fuses "5A", now has a loud
hum noise when powered on, even with volume all the way down.
This one uses 1 IC (STK2250), don't have a datasheet on it, and cannot tell
if it is causing the problem - still checking.
Pins 4,5, & 6 are reading a "short" together, and
10,11,12, &13 are also reading a "short" together?
Can anyone help me with this, very much appreciated.
Thanks.        David.

Robinson Electronics
1075 Sweeten Creek Road #51
Asheville, NC 28803-1757