[TechAssist] Re: Sharp TV, M#:27L-linesS180B, No chassis listed, retrace lines

  • From: "C&W Electronics" <c_w_electronics@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 17:39:23 -0500

Sounds to me like you may have a bad crt. Check the b+ voltages on the
collectors of the driver transistors. I suspect that you will find the green
voltage either high or low. If so, disconnect the crt socket and recheck. If
it then returns to the same voltage as the blue and red, then it's the crt.
If not, then change the green driver with the red or blue, if the color then
changes, then the green driver is defective.

Good luck,
Paul W
C&W Electronics
Azle Texas

From: "matt sherer" <m.sheer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "techassist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TechAssist] Sharp TV, M#:27L-linesS180B, No chassis listed,
retrace lines
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 15:56:27 -0500

Sharp TV
Model: 27L-S180B
Unit has green tinted screen with retrace lines.  Really visible on darker
images and when there is no signal on TV input.  Happends both with tuner
and A/V inputs.  I've been working on this one for some time now(my own TV).
Using the adjustment controls for the set does not change or help.  G2 is
ok, replaced IC201(TV signal chip), checked buffer transistors, and every
cap on the board.  All PS voltages are ok.  Any ideas??  Thanks!

Gear Guy
Electronic repair
A/V systems design, maintenance and installation
AMX programming
Matt Sherer, CET
1411 Honeysuckle Lane
Champaign, IL 61821