[TechAssist] Sharp LCD Projector

  • From: "Dave Huston" <DaveHuston@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 10:10:20 -0500

We have about 200 projectors here. None of them are Sharp.
I have problems here with dirty fan filters, use compressed air to clean
them out as this prevents overheating problems.

Using a continuity meter on the bulb does not work as it always shows open.
Most projectors have a lamp hours meter built into the menu system of the
projector, this can sometimes be a special command sequence to access ( a
dealer will provide this information) or directly in the menu. Most lamps
are rated 1000-2000 hours and may exceed this but unlikely. It is true lamps
are very expensive that is probably your problem.

I hope this helps you. The reason for the direct email is that I am still
waiting for my new login to Tech Assist. Could you please add this to the
member forum for me?

Any further questions please let me know.

Darin Stroyek
Computer Systems Support Technologist
Northern Alberta Institute of Technology
11762-106 Street
Edmonton, Alberta
Canada
T5G 2R1
Phone (780) 471-8644
Fax      (780) 471-8550
There is no such thing as problems... only solutions.

Dave Huston
Huston TV & Electronics
Marion, Ohio 43302
DaveHuston@xxxxxxxxxxxx