[TechAssist] Re: Sharp 32U-S50B Dead

  • From: "Peter oliver" <oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 22:37:38 +0000

A comarison of votatages says this set is quite squerily, B+ at collector of
HOT is 126.4V in standby, When power is pushed it rises to ~133v. The output
from the error amp is around 11v in standby and drops to 6 to 7 v when power
is pushed. The 13 V supply is 13v in standby but drops to 7.5V when power is
pushed, the 8V supply drops to 5v. On the primary side of the swmode
transformer the voltage on the opto isolator is only 12.4v instead of the 16
V that the schematic says, this too varys when attempting to turn on. If pin
2 of the SE125 is pulled B+ rises to 178V. There is never any apparent
attempt at horizontal ossolation. Listening to the audio harmonics of the
frerun frequency of the swmode power sugests there might be a minor
load/frequency aboration but it is quite faint and component testing thus
far has been negitive.

Peter Oliver
Tucson Radio TV

From: "Bob@Bobs tv" <woodman1@xxxxxxxx>
To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TechAssist] Re: Sharp 32U-S50B Dead
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 09:53:54 -0400

Peter,
         Just finished up a 32US50, don't know the difference between
yours..
but took some voltages with set off for you, maybe this will  help..
From (-) C705 set off...
IC701
1 11.4
2    0
3  1.4
4    .1
5     0
6     0
7     0
8 164.

Q701
S    0
G   .3
D 165.

IC702
1  9.7  Tuner ground
2 10.8 Tuner ground
3   1.4 (-) at C705
4  17.  (-) at C705

Q601 and Q602
Collectors at 125./ Tuner ground.. Keypad buttons at 4.9
Hope this helps...
Bob,

Bobs TV   Worcester, ma

woodman1@xxxxxxxx