[TechAssist] Re: Sharp 25R-M100

  • From: tvdoctors@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 01 Feb 2002 17:53:47 -0800

Update;   I found out by disconnecting the yoke return cap (C612) the unit
would power up with Vert. line.    B+ sets at around 112 volts. Yoke return Cap
(C612) is good, (measured and replaced) and the yoke is not shorted, ( Tried on
another Sharp with same CRT and yoke). Unit shuts down within 3 seconds if
vert. yoke winding is unplugged which I think this is normal. Overall, I can
get the unit to power on with a line up and down, but as soon as I connect the
yoke return cap it won't start.     With this added info, does this give anyone
a clue to what else I should look for?        As listed below, Fly and
regulator IC replaced already.   Neil