[TechAssist] Re: Sharp 25R-M100

  • From: tvdoctors@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 01 Feb 2002 12:19:54 -0800

Thanks for the quick response. If I power the board without the yoke being
connected, I get osc. and the B+ goes to around 112 volts for about 10 seconds
but if I connect the yoke it goes to immediate shutdown. I checked the yoke
return cap and it checks good and also the 100mfd filter cap on the primary of
the drive transformer as well as the spike cap on the collector of the Horiz.
Output transistor. I'm beginning to suspect a bad yoke. Is this chassis
designed not to power up if the yoke is unplugged?