[TechAssist] Re: Second Request: Sansui TV/VCR combo, COM0953A, Insufficient vertical deflection

  • From: "majorthom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <majorthom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 08:36:17 -0700 (PDT)

Hello-Have you bridged all the vert. caps. with set on while watching screen?
Vc correct and pump-up diode not leaky?....................Pete
gulftech@xxxxxxxx wrote:I sent this out originally on Saturday. Not a good time
to find help!
And I need help. Will try again.

This set won't fill the screen. I've gone into the service menu and
tried to adjust. VERT DC has a range of 1-4. In anything but 4,
the OSD (but not the pix behind it) rolls vertically. In 4, it is in
sync.
Adjusting vertical height will fill the screen at the top, but no pix
below 3/4 way down the screen.

I replaced the LA7840 and one vertical cap with elevated ESR. No
change. The diodes in the circuit check good.

Anyone have a scan of the vertical circuit, or a tip on what I may be
missing?

TIA,

Ken Smith
Gulf Technical Services