[TechAssist] Re: Sears antique radio, transformer problem

  • From: "Hoyt's TV" <hoytstv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 15:12:54 -0500

You can figure it out by the type of output tube they both fit. Look them up
in an RCA tube manual. I believe will tell you the output impedance for the
tubes. Tubes weren't too fussy though, I think you could get by with most
any output transformer for a radio of similar type. Likewise the tube won't
care too much about using a 4 ohm speaker with an 8 ohm transformer. However
your audiophile customer may go ballistic when those 25kc notes that he's
accustomed to hearing crystal clear, become a little distorted.

Russ Hoyt
Hoyt's TV
Exeter, NH