[TechAssist] Re: Sears 509.14359, JVC chassis A67, trapezoid picture.

  • From: "George" <grndmstrg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 22:46:08 -0800

Kevin,

When a short appears on one of the coils it causes an imbalance in the
magnetic field that is generated which prevents the beam from moving as much
at one end, hence the trapezoidal raster. As for ringing yokes you should
ring each vertical and each horizontal coil separately with damper resistors
remove (one end will do) which I am sure you did if you used Sencore
equipment because that is the procedure in their manuals.

George
Afana Electronics
Moreno Valley, CA