[TechAssist] Re: Sanyo - VHR-9500 - No Capstan

  • From: "Premium Technologies" <premtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 21:46:06 -0800

Hi Phil,
A common failure on these units is the bronze bearing in the capstan.  You
could try oiling the bearing and the shaft and that may just do the trick.
But if the capstan makes any noise or produces any small black flecks that
look like fine pepper after the oiling you'll probably have to replace it.
Hope this helps.
Bill

Premium Technologies
27501 V Street