[TechAssist] Re: Sanyo TV DS31650 chassis 31650-00

  • From: John at Main TV <maintv2002@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 18:31:38 -0700

Sorry, I reversed the chassis numbers in my previous post. The -00
chassis uses a SMPS and the -02/03/04 chassis uses the STR30130.  Your
set has a switch mode power supply, correct?  I do not see how IC801
could blow the AC fuse.  It is powered from the standby PS out of T681.
  If the fuse blows, I would suspect Q601, the PS output (2SC4423) and
check Q604 (2SC3807).  BTW, be sure to put in original numbers before
you send the TV home.  NTE2308 and others will work as a test but they
will overheat and fail in a few days.  If one transistor is bad, change
both.  John.