[TechAssist] Re: Sanyo TV - DS27510 - Won't turn OFF

  • From: "Webster TV" <webstertv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 13:05:00 -0600

David,

It definitely can be the relay if your unit uses a relay in the power
circuit. Some sets only use the relay in the degaussing circuit. I've run
into this numerous times on Quasar/Panasonics, you push power to shut the
unit off and the on screen display and audio go off, but the picture will
slightly dim down, but stay on. Replacing the relay solves the problem.

                                      Dan Webster
                                      Webster's TV
                                      Shullsburg, Wi.