[TechAssist] Re: Sanyo DS31650, Dead after storm

  • From: mebonnell@xxxxxxxxx (Old TV Man)
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 15:47:12 -0500

Ken - I have the Sanyo manual on that. I can scan some of it to you. I
guess the power supply first.

Max Bonnell
Bonnell TV
Robinson, IL

Sender: techassist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx From: gulftech@xxxxxxxx Date:
Mon, Oct 18, 2004, 3:20pm To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject:
[TechAssist] Sanyo DS31650, Dead after storm Reply=A0to:
techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

This unit came in dead after storm.
I jumpered the power relay. Set comes up with picture, but no sound.
Pressing power brings up OSD, but no sound, and clicks off in a few
seconds. During that time before it clicks off, I can change the
channel.

I suspect the uP, IC801, but thought I would see if others have run into
this one. Set was given to the shop, but I sure you use it to sell and
make a buck. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Of course I have no
schematic.
TIA,

Ken Smith
Gulf Technical Services
3034 Gulf Breeze Parkway
Gulf Breeze, FL 32563
850-934-8324 (Voice), 850-932-0819 (fax)