[TechAssist] Re: Sanyo DS19204 no vert

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 13:45:11 -0400

Bulletin from Orion says that all Orion/Sansui/Durabrand models produced
after July 2005 are manufactured with lead free solder. The solder should
not be mixed with standard solder. The units are marked with "SH" on the
rating sheet and the bar code labels both on the unit and on the box. Pb
Free is stamped on the main board.
Looking up the Chip-Quik patent number that they cite says that it is an
alloy of 18% tin, 11% cadmium, 28% lead, and 43% bismuth. Cadmium and lead
are materials that were supposed to be eliminated from the manufacture of
electronics and other products. Wheather the alloy they are currently
selling is the same as the one cited in the patent, I dont know.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave
Greenville SC 29609