[TechAssist] Sanyo 27"TV DS27580 - Distorted Picture - FIX

  • From: "Dan Garris" <dgarris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 12:37:25 -0500

Just passing along a successful repair to the group...

We had a Sanyo 27" TV Model: DS27580 Chassis: 27580-00 SAMS# 4147.

TV damaged by lightning. TV played but picture had distortion bands or bars
which slowly ran up the screen every few seconds. Distortion varied in
degree on different channels. Some Channels where so bad you could not see
picture yet others appeared almost perfect but still had some distortion. We
replaced IC601 STR30130 Voltage Reg IC, checked several caps with
Cap-Wizard. 130V, 5V and 9V Source all checked fine.

Final Solution: Problem was not as simpled as it looked at first glance
however finally replacing the 1AV4F1BAM0190 Tuner FIXED this tough dog. All
now OK.

Garris TV
Dan Garris
3104 Neuse Blvd.