[TechAssist] Re: Sansui stereo reciever model 6060 no/low distorted audio cold, OK as warms

  • From: "majorthom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <majorthom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 13:33:05 -0700 (PDT)

Story of my life-just tore place apart and can't lay hand on
it.Wonderful-anyway seems like you've almost got it.I aasume TR603 is on that
vert driver bd I was referring to.Is it?
There's like 4 electrolytics on the bd[I raplaced mine cause I had probs
w/driver bd]
I cant forget that your symptom affects both channels and common areas[?] are
involved andthere's all those Idle current and offset adj pots[they can go
south/open up whatever  so I grab my WD40 first and hit all those pots and then
go for common areas that give your symptom
We got 104 dagrees here today in Austin.
Fire ants raising hell everywhere.Lemme know
Pete
Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks for the offer, Pete, will keep that in my back burner. I
replaced that TR603 (2sc1364) that seemed thermal but problem stays.
Anyone have a model 6060 manual and can scan a section? (probably around
the TR603 area). that's where I spray/heat to get the most effect.
Phil Bader

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

majorthom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>Hi Phil
>I have an 8080 which I love-I'm analog-driving my Wharfdales[1979 era 15" base
>driver]Anyway,Check that vertically mtd pre/driver bd .I would just work back
>fm that condition of poor output,since it's detecting the FM like u said and I
>guess I'd check the pre input[to be sure that detected audio is there too]
>Listen,Phil,I bought the factory sm [Sansui] and you are welcome to that.
>I dont have a scanner and the best process :I can mail sm to U and you can
>send it back when you are thru,Anyway,let me know
>Pete
>Phil Bader wrote:
>Hard to compress symptom in subject line accurately.
>Sansui model 6060 am/fm stereo reciever amp.
>If unit is cold (sitting hours) and I power it on, it has no sound at
>all, either channel.(meters indicate FM signal is tuning and recieved)
>After a few minutes I hear a low volume very distorted audio, gradually
>increasing in volume and clearing as well, till it's full volume and
>clear.Will stay that way as long as it's run. Sometimes, starts cold
>with the low distorted audio.and again, gets better. Both channels
>equally affected. not a stereo expert here, and this is an oldei the
>customer loves. Rapping/tapping, flexing boards no effect. I'm leaning
>towards a thermal lytic cap... Any known histories? Same with headphones.
>Phil Bader

Lost Password: http://www.tech-assist.org and select "Login Problems?".

Peter Neal
Neal Electronics