[TechAssist] Re: Samsung Vertical Output IC

  • From: Edward Gaidies <teltek@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 16:38:40 -0500

That's OK....don't feel bad....I went thru the same thing, a few months
back.
There is actually a modification kit for the vertical O/P IC.
I forget the number of the IC, which is actually the vertical, but you will
probably find, when you replace it, that it runs quite hot. There is some
resistors and a coil that should be changed, and are suppose to be part of a
kit. Samsung in Canada did not have the kit, and you had to replace each
part separately.
The new one will probably hold for awhile. Check with your Saqmsung supplier
to see what the kit is.

-Ed-