[TechAssist] Re: Samsung VM6405 Combo Shuts Down

  • From: John at Main TV <maintv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 09:57:53 -0600

If you are sure all the solder on the motor stator board is good,
especially the 2 "feed thru" connections then you must replace the board
with new or used.  It should be a common junk part, that is the same
mechanism as numerous RCA (VR300-330-515-660) GE and Samsung VCRs.  If
you need the part numbe let me know, I have the manual for that.   John.

Shoreline Electronics wrote:

> Make : Samsung
> Model : VM6405
> Problem : TV Works Fine  : When VCR is used , cylinder motor runs fast and
> VCR shuts down TV.
>
> Looked Cylinder PC board over for cracked connections per this tip :
>
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++
> SAMSUNG   VM6405
>
> Tape Stops Shuts Off Unit Cylinder Speeding Up Int Operation
>
> John Kincaid Sos Tv
>
> Bad Solder On Cylinder Pcb T Pin 1&2
>
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
> Not sure what the PCB T Pin is...but no findings of bad connections.
>
> Checked/Changed C212 .
>

> ESR'd the caps around the area also...no help.
>
> Can anyone supply a service manual of this model or scan of the cylinder
> drive circuitry?
>

> =================================
> Jeff Stielau
> Shoreline Electronics Repair