[TechAssist] Re: Samsung VCR/TV Combo - MVR2166 - KS-2 Chassis - Powers up when plugged in

  • From: Paul <dntwntv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 11:36:14 -0800 (PST)

David if you cover the led and the motion stops that tells you that the led is
working.  I would be looking at the end sensors being bad first. Probably the
supply side but I would replace them both.      Paul
David Lessard <mr_fixit@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:When this unit is plugged in it
powers up and the cassette tray moves
back and forth. If I press the "ON/OFF" button the TV goes off, the
motion stops, but then the tray starts to move back and forth again,
when it moves forward the TV powers up. If I place my finger over the
cassette sensor, this motion stops and I'm able to turn the TV "ON" and
"OFF" but as soon as I remove my finger the whole thing starts to act up
again. I'm thinking maybe the sensor LED is not working and I'm in the
process of taking this unit apart. If anyone has seen this problem
before or if anyone has a schematic to share I would greatly appreciate
the help.

Thanks in advance,

David Lessard

Alexandria Electronics