[TechAssist] Re: Samsung TXK2754 with repeat horizontal outputfailure

  • From: "Christopher Barnak" <cbarnak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 07:24:55 -0500

Bob,
I think your HOT is blowing when the set is turned on or off. I would turn it
off every hour and let it sit an hour, then turn it back on an hour, etc. .  My
gut feeling is you are not out of the woods yet. Sorry.

Christopher Barnak, CET
Norfolk Public Schools
School Plant Facilities
966 Bellmore Ave.
Norfolk, Va. 23504

Phone 757 628 3385
Fax      757 628 3392
cbarnak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

>>> geminitv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 2/18/04 4:30:17 PM >>>

The parts used as I indicated in the original post are what is supposed to
be (and was actually inside) in the set from the factory. After replacing
the two electrolytics in the horizontal drive and the output transistor
again, the set is still running. I will let it run 24 hours a day throughout
the weekend at least.

Bob Waterman, CET® #RI-28
Master Technician License #9109
Service Manager / Parts Manager