[TechAssist] Re: Samsung AA91-00607A. Gasket or not

  • From: "Terry H." <tvdoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 09:40:28 -0600

Ron, I'm not sure on yours but on the one I'm working one, the gasket for
the entire chamber was fine. It was the rubber, prophylactic looking exp.
bulb that blew apart. The new exp. chamber just snaps on to the top and fits
into the slit on the plastic cover. I've turned this thing every way and it
doesn't seem to have a problem. Silicone is still a good idea which I did
too. But the gasket itself is just fine. Also, here is the service notice
from Samsung on these:
Product: Projection TV Bulletin # PJT01-001
Model: PCJ, PCK and HCJ series Bulletin Date: 6/1/01
SUBJECT: CRT Leakage
Background: When repairing set for CRT leakage, check if CRT has
Expansion Chamber installed. If not, install Expansion
Chamber on all 3 CRTs. Production during November
1999 ~ September 2000 will need Expansion Chamber
installed.
Rear panel will indicate production date.
Expansion Chamber part #, AA91-00607A .
Cause: CRT coolant expands due to heating in warmer climate.
Solution: Install Expansion Chamber using installation procedure
Terry H.
The TV Shop
Gonzales, Tx