[TechAssist] Re: SONY SLV-380 *Won't Shut OFF*

  • From: "Jeff Dougherty" <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 08:07:02 -0500

Kevin,
You probably have a cracked impeller on the load gear.
I usually remove the whole thing from the load motor shaft and super glue it to
the shaft and works like a charm.
If this is the problem, you should hear the motor humming when you try to eject
the tape.
Good luck.
support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
FAX 717-564-4952
Jeff Dougherty
Intrepid Video & Electronics      Be careful of your thoughts.
501 Luther Rd                        They may become your words
Harrisburg, PA 17111                            any moment.
717-909-8844
VCR tips, electronics info & general interest.
www.intrepid-video.com www.tech-repair.net
www.thetoolcaddy.com www.9-11-2001tragedy.com