[TechAssist] SONY PTV MODEL KP-51WS500

  • From: Ernie - Valley TV & Stereo <valleytv@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:34:38 -0700

Hello all:

Did a service call on this set yesterday
Complaint was thin blue horizontal lines across screen.
Found the convergence was badly out of adustment.
and adjusted the convergence, but no sign of blue lines.
Customer phoned me this AM and informed me that the lines
are there when the satellite receiver is turned off and no video
is displayed on the screen. The raster is blue with 8 lines
starting 5" from bottom and getting narrower spacing towards the top.
The lines are not visible with video info on screen, although
she said she has seen the lines when playing DVD
Anyone seen this problem?
Possibly screen adjustment ?, but one would think there would
be more than 8 lines. Grey scaled looked OK
TIA
Ernie

Ernie Niessen
Valley TV & Stereo