[TechAssist] Re: SONY Model KP-53S15/ convergence and focus

  • From: "Damon" <DAMON101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 07:49:52 -0500

After pressing Display    5    Volume +   then Power you can use these
buttons to access the convergence:

1 and 4 change the adjustment type (ie Horz Size or Horiz Lin or ID codes
etc)

2 and 5 will select blocks of settings (ie Video settings, PJE
(convergence!!) or PIP settings)

4 and 6 actually change the settings.

Mute then Enter buttons store the changes

Go to the PJE settings (these are coarse settings)
#9 button enters Fine Adjustment Mode
#6 button brings up various convergence grids
The five menu adjustment buttons (1 in the center, 4 arrow buttons) adjust
the points
The center button when pressed will switch between moving the cursor point
to point and actually adjusting  the point itself.
I think #3 switches from red to green to blue so you can adjust the colors,
but only in the Fine (9) adjustment mode.

Don't forget to check the Convergence amps, if they are STK 392-010 on the
stand up board on the right side...looking at the chassis from the back,
replace them with STK 392-020 or higher wattage, the RED AMP HAS BEEN KNOWN
TO FAIL!!! DO THIS FIRST before spending a lot of time adjusting the
convergence. The red amp is the one farthest from the back.

Damon Brunger
damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Telrad Electronic Services
Ft Wayne, IN 46815