[TechAssist] Re: SONY KV-32FS13 pincussion

  • From: "Panday" <dpanday@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 21:42:05 -0700

Try the below info.,

SUBJECT: Coil getting hot (L505)

DATE: 09/10/2002 MODEL(S): KV32FS13

Symptom: * Partial wiggly in some pictures areas.

* Possible bad linearity.

* L505 is getting hot.

Cause: T504's core orientation has been modified from suffix -11 to -21 due
to the part construction

productivity improvement. As result of this modification this part's
radiated magnetic field also change

affecting L505 performance as well, saturating L505 and affecting linearity.

Solution: If the customer complaints about these symptoms please apply the
following change:

- First check on [A] Board which type of T504 is using (suffix -11 or -21)

If T504 having a suffix -21, replace it with suffix -11,

Transformer T504 Part number: 1-429-188-11

- Check the color of the coil L505, If it is black color, mounted it in
reverse polarity as shown in

picture. (Part polarity mark and PCB mark must be opposite)

- If coil is blue, please replace with black type, part # 1-406-976-11

Panday