[TechAssist] SONY KP53HS30- code4

  • From: "tony saracco" <tcselectronics@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 22:52:15 -0500

This set will come on for about 15 seconds with no raster or sound ( nothing is
observed looking into the lenses not even the blanking pulses.) then set shuts
down with 4 blinks. this according to the manual is no vert deflection or +15v
source. the vert deflection is there and the power supplies are OK. only
strange thing is the VP signal should be 0v and is 16v. when I disconnect the
VP line a code 7 is displayed after shutdown and still no raster at all. Code 7
is loss of horiz deflection. The operation of this horiz circuit is tricky and
is driving me in circles, I checked all components statically for shorts and
came up with none. I did notice that Q8027 appears to regulate the B+ to the
horiz sweep output but its voltage does not come above 4 volts and is leading
me towards thinking its bad.any tips on troubleshooting the sweep /HV circuits
or the RA-6 training manual would help greatly.
Tony Saracco
TCS ELECTRONICS
406 Andra Ct.
Gilberts, IL 60136