[TechAssist] Re: SHOP WILL BE CLOSING 8/30/04

  • From: "Hoyt's TV" <hoytstv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 10:25:55 -0400

What is it with the Post Office?

My father retired from there in 1953 with almost 20 years service, after he
had a heart attack.
As a kid I can remember him coming home all pissed off at the postmaster,
quite often.
I always figured it was because the postmaster was not a career employee but
instead was a political appointee, and probably knew very little about what
he was doing, and what the real postal workers jobs were.

I don't think postmaster is a political appointment anymore, so you'd kind
of think the supervisors would be more like professionals in their jobs now.

Russ Hoyt
Hoyt's TV
Exeter, NH