[TechAssist] SHARP 32U-S50 fixed

  • From: "repair11" <repair11@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 15:01:03 -0500

Sharp 32U-S50

Symptom: set dead after lightning. could hear barely audible squeal. Found
HOT, shorted(2sd2581), checked several semis in ps,installed HOT, instantly
shorted. I wicked off collector of HOT and measured stby B+ was 215v ! I
ordered IC 703(VHITEA1507) TEA1507P, and IC 703 (VHISE135n) SE135N, I then
replaced HOT,  701, IC702(optocoupler) variety pc817 and IC 703 ,  fired set
up, instantly blew HOT, With the help of Al Glutz, Bob waterman, Jason
Mouton, and a download from members area, I found that opto had no B+ on
primary side, voltages on control IC as well as all voltages were bouncing
up and down.Found R712(10ohm 1/8w)open, replaced HOT and resistor R712, set
fired up R712 started smoking, found D707(NTE 519) was leaky(had checked
okay),this time set came up and ran. as I was doublechecking my final work I
noticed that IC703 that came out of set was an SE125N,So I pulled the IC out
and since I did not have a 125 in stock, I placed original back in set ,
worked fine.  NOTE: THE TRITRNICS WEB SITE HAD THE PN FOR 703 AS THE SE135,
AS WELL AS THE PRINT PART OF THE MANUAL, HOWEVER, IN THE PARTS LIST THE SE
125 IS FOR 32U-S50, AND 60, THE SE 135 IS FOR THE 36U-S60), HTH.

Charles Betzler
Best Electronics
repair11@cox .net