[TechAssist] Re: SHARP 27F-S40 TV, Looks like cable problem--only ch. 11 has phasing bars

  • From: Philip Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 16:27:27 -0500

I found many of the older Sharps all had the AGC pot a bit too high. I
would get overload on my cable,interference thru pix,etc.Backed off the
AGC a bit and it cleared.Have seen this many times with Sharp. Try
it,just remember where it was set orig.
Phil Bader

David French wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> The Sharp 27F-S40 works fine except for ch. 11. Tried another set--it is not
> a cable problem. Ch. 11 has phasing bars and sometime detunes--all other
> channels are perfect. Anyone had this problem?
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Dave
> Precision Electronics
> 101 W 8th Ave.
> Johnson City, TN 37604
> PrecisionElectronics@xxxxxxx

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Submit A Repair Tip For Everyone Here: